The Handyguys discuss DIY appliance repair resources. In this episode Brian stops Paul from going too deep into his DIY washing machine repair without doing a little more research on the Internet. Listen for the full story.
What Kind of Appliance Parts Can I Buy Online?
If you are planning any do it yourself appliance repair projects then you are likely shopping around for the best place to purchase your replacement appliance parts. Traditionally, some appliance parts were carried at your local hardware store or appliance store. If the store didn’t have what you were looking for then you could special order the parts that you needed. Often, that was expensive and the parts could take some time to come in leaving you without a working refrigerator, washer, dishwasher or other useful appliance.
Today there is another option. There are now internet websites that carry a large selection of parts for your household appliances. The best part about shopping internet websites is the large selection of parts that they carry and can ship to you immediately.
Below is a sampling of some common parts that are carried by online replacement stores.
- Washer parts: Pumps, Couplings, Agitator Kits, Knobs, Valves, Motors, Switches, Belts, Hoses and Gears
- Dryer parts: Heating Elements, Lint Filters, Belts and Rollers, Thermal Fuses, Thermostats and Blower Wheels
- Refrigerator parts: Water Valves, Defrost Heaters, Thermostats, Defrost Controls and Timers, Shelves, Drawers and Bins, Doors, Handles, Door Gaskets, Compressors and Relays
- Oven parts: Igniters, Bake and Broil Elements, Knobs, Grates, Drip Bowls, Burners, Valves and Thermostats
- Dishwasher parts: Dish racks and Baskets, Rollers, Wash Spray Arms, Gaskets, Door Seals, Pumps and Valves
These parts are carried for a large variety of manufacturers, like Whirlpool Parts, and many appliance models. It is worth checking an online appliance store if you have an appliance that is hard to find or older than 10 years since the online store might have the part that you need and save you the expense of replacing the entire appliance.
Although online replacement stores carry large amounts of inventory, it is still very simple to find the exact part that you need. Many websites allow you to search by appliance model number, replacement part number or description.
So, if you have an appliance that needs repair it is worth trying to find the part that you need at one of the online appliance stores that carry many parts.
The Handyguys talk about AppliancePartsPros.com
A few key features of AppliancePartsPros.com are:
- Live Help available on site via Live Chat, Toll Free Lines, or Email
- Very Fast Shipping with over 91% of in-stock orders delivered the next day
- Low Price Guarantee
- Over 1 million appliance parts in-stock
- Repair Forum available for those DIY’ers who need a little extra help. The forum has thousands of questions and answers by professional repair technicians sorted by appliance type.
- Detailed model breakdowns and photos for help finding the correct part. Example…http://www.appliancepartspros
- Experienced staff with years of appliance parts knowledge
- They carry parts for all the major brands including Whirlpool, Kenmore, Maytag, GE, Fridgidaire, and more.Â They also carry parts for the high-end, harder to find brands like Bosch, Dacor, Thermadore, and more.
- Website allows to search by Model Number, Part Description, or Part Number
The Handyguys would like to thank AppliancePartsPros.com for sponsoring this episode.